Head of Care
Job Title: Head of Care
Location: St Joseph’s and St Mary’s Boarding Campuses
Salary: €60,000 – €63,000 (subject to experience)
Contract duration: 1-year fixed Term
Summary: The Head of Care will create and lead implementation of an overall plan for the boarding campuses which may include amalgamation of the boarding campuses, implementing an appropriate model and standard of care. The model may be based on HIQA regulations and standards. At all times the Head of Care will encourage recognition of each boarder as an individual; ensuring their rights and needs are given priority
Duties and Responsibilities:
Below are the key areas of responsibility;
- Promote an ISL environment with ISL being the first language in use within the service. Ensure the appropriate use of the Interpreting Team and ISL Teaching Team.
- Ensure Boarding is a homely and suitable environment.
- Ensure appropriate peer groups and staffing levels are in place.
- Ensure there is a range of appropriate activities in place that reflect the needs and interests of Boarders.
- Where possible, ensure Boarders and their parents/carers wishes are reflected in service design and delivery.
- Ensure Boarder/parent/carer feedback and complaints are facilitated and followed up on.
- Overall strategic responsibility for the boarding as one service.
- Work in line with the HSE Service Level Arrangement.
- Be responsible for the Model of Care, Strategy, Mission, Vision, and any restructuring arrangements of the boarding service and communicate these arrangements to all members of staff and boarders and their families.
- Leading the service through any possible amalgamation and experience of change management.
- Preparation and implementation of merged teams and staff structures.
- Ensure implementation of any new rosters as required to meet service demands.
- Preparation for external audit following approach defined by Ofsted (UK) for boarding services, and HIQA if applicable.
- Responsibility for the implementation of any audit recommendations. Work closely with the Standards and Compliance Manager.
- Work towards achieving a Centre of excellence status.
- Be responsible for the overall accountability for the delivery of boarding services for Deaf and Hard of Hearing children.
- Ensure that there are clear lines of accountability at individual, team and service level to ensure all staff are aware of their responsibilities and who they are reporting to.
- Determine admissions and demission criteria for boarding campus.
- Ensure the provision of high quality, effective and safe boarding service.
- Ensure the safety of the boarding service by monitoring compliance with legislation and acting on national policy, standards and recommendations. Work closely with the Property and Facilities Manager.
- Risk Management e.g. risk assessments, Risk Register
- Identify specific projects to enhance the lives of boarders and ensure same are implemented.
- Oversee the implementation of comprehensive personal plans, and that they are developed in a manner that ensures the maximum participation of boarders and their parents in line with good practice.
- Provide leadership, coaching, supervision, and Performance Objective process to the Care Managers, and other staff members where appropriate.
- Involvement in HR processes such as staff recruitment.
- Manage Boarding Campuses in the absence of a Care Manager(s).
- Be accountable for and manage all budgets. Complete payroll and finance checks, ensure the safekeeping of finances. Work closely with the Financial Controller.
- Oversee the delivery of the service in collaboration with all members of the Senior Management Team.
- Oversee the operations of the boarding and the management team.
- Oversee and co-ordinate the quality and safety system including all aspects of risk management.
- Endeavour to keep abreast of recent trends and developments.
- Be responsible for the development and supervision of staff.
- Facilitate the arrangements necessary and participate where appropriate, in education and training of other staff as the need arises.
- Social Care minimum level 8 or equivalent
- Experience at senior management level including administrative as well as social care management experience
- Experience of service inspections and audits e.g. HSE/HIQA
- Demonstrate behaviour consistent with the values of Reach Deaf Services.
- Lead, by example, a professional, punctual and dedicated team
- Create and promote open communications, healthy working relationships, and stimulate initiative amongst the team
- Motivate team members, by agreeing goals and objectives, through performance review
- Proven track record in leading diverse teams
- Knowledge of delivering a change agenda
- Have experience of defining and setting strategic goals and monitoring their implementation
Any interested applicants should forward their CV and a short covering letter stating their suitability for the role. Please email email@example.com by the 05th February 2023
If you require further details on this role, please contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
All offers of employment with Reach Deaf Services are subject to Garda Vetting/PSNI clearance.
Reach Deaf Services