Social Care Worker – Community
Job Title: Social Care Worker
Location: Reach Deaf Living Service
Salary/Hours: €36,000 per Annum, 35 hour per week
Duration: permeant subject to Garda vetting and 6-month probationary period
This is an exciting time to be involved in our organisation as we transition people from a Residential Service to their own homes in the community. Reach Deaf Services is committed to ensuring that the people in our service are empowered to live the best life possible. We are recruiting to ensure that the right staff are in place, prepared, trained, and ready to support people as they transition to their new homes. We are hugely committed to investing in our staff and provide a very generous training package.
The role of the Social Care Worker will have responsibility for supporting service users to live a Self-Directed life promoting positive risk taking and ensuring each service user lives a good life. In addition, you will assist in enabling Service Users make choices and enjoy a lifestyle that fulfils their potential and expectations, bringing opportunity for new experiences. This is a key leadership position within Reach Deaf Living Services holding responsibilities for effective and efficient service delivery, while supporting and driving quality initiatives.
Skills and Experience:
We are looking for a new Team member with innovation, excellent communication skills, a record of accomplishment of involvement in their local community, flexibility and creativity. This person will be expected to support people in their everyday life whilst supporting them around interests of their choosing and continuing to explore new areas of interest with them.
- QQI Level 7 Degree in Social Care or a degree in a related discipline
- A minimum of one years’ experience in a social care setting
- Experience in implementing positive behaviour support programmes
- Excellent working knowledge of regulatory compliance and HIQA Standards, Regulations, Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults and Duty of Care and the HSE Report “New Directions”
- ISL fetac level 4 or commitment to achieve within 2 years
- Proven leadership capabilities
- Person centred rights focused
- Strong communication and good decision-making skills
- Well-developed report writing skills (e.g. Accident/Incident report forms)
- Positive risk taking
- Good time management capabilities
- Excellent team player, as well as having an ability to work effectively on own initiative
- Committed to on-going Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
- Committed to participating in regular supervisions
- MAPA, Fire Safety, Safeguarding, PBS and Manual Handling training completed and up to date
If this exciting opportunity sparks your interest, please contact us
Any interested applicants should forward their CV and a short covering letter stating their suitability by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 21 September 2022.
If you require further details on this role, please contact Kristina Harris directly at KHarris@reachdeafservices.ie
All offers of employment are subject to Garda Vetting
Reach Deaf Services