Social Care Worker
Job Title: Social Care Worker
Location: Reach Deaf Living Service
Salary: €39,607 per Annum, Full-Time
Duration: Permanent subject to Garda vetting and 6-month probationary period
Reach Deaf Services is committed to ensuring that the people in our service are empowered to live the best life possible. We are recruiting to ensure that the right staff are in place, prepared, trained, and ready to support people in their own home. We are hugely committed to investing in our staff and provide a very generous training package.
The role of the Social Care Worker will have responsibility for supporting service users to live a Self-Directed life promoting positive risk taking and ensuring each service user lives a good life. In addition, you will assist in enabling Service Users make choices and enjoy a lifestyle that fulfils their potential and expectations, bringing opportunity for new experiences. This is a key leadership position within Reach Deaf Living Services holding responsibilities for effective and efficient service delivery, while supporting and driving quality initiatives.
Interviews for these vacancies may take place week beginning 08th January 2024
Skills and Experience:
We are looking for a new Team member with innovation, excellent communication skills, a record of accomplishment of involvement in their local community, flexibility and creativity. This person will be expected to support people in their everyday life whilst supporting them around interests of their choosing and continuing to explore new areas of interest with them.
- QQI Level 7 Degree in Social Care or a degree in a related discipline
- A minimum of one years’ experience in a social care setting
- Experience in implementing positive behaviour support programmes
- Excellent working knowledge of regulatory compliance and HIQA Standards, Regulations, Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults and Duty of Care and the HSE Report “New Directions”
- ISL Fetac Level 4 or commitment to achieve within 2 years
- Proven leadership capabilities
- Person centred rights focused
- Strong communication and good decision-making skills
- Well-developed report writing skills (e.g. Accident/Incident report forms)
- Positive risk taking
- Good time management capabilities
- Excellent team player, as well as having an ability to work effectively on own initiative
- Committed to on-going Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
- Committed to participating in regular supervisions
- MAPA, Fire Safety, Safeguarding, PBS and Manual Handling training completed and up to date
What we Offer
- Rewarding and flexible working environment, with excellent support from a network of Team Leaders and Managers
- Set rosters and regular work hours
- Competitive rates of pay + Travel Expenses
- Induction and continued training programme to upskill in areas such as Social Role Valorisation, Positive Behavior Support, Medication Management, Mental Health and various other areas required to enable you to have the necessary skills in supporting people to lead self-directed lives.
- 22 days holidays, Maternity Benefit, Excellent Pension Package, Employment Support Programme and opportunities for career progression
If this exciting opportunity sparks your interest, please contact us
Any interested applicants should forward their CV and a short covering letter stating their suitability by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by the close of business 04:00pm on the 29th December 2023.
If you require further details on this role, please contact Kristina Harris directly at KHarris@reachdeafservices.ie
All offers of employment are subject to Garda Vetting.
Reach Deaf Services