Social Care Worker
Job Title: Social Care Worker
Reporting to: Management team (Team leader/ Care Manager of Reach Deaf Services Education service)
Location: Primarily between St Mary’s and St Joseph’s Boarding Campus. At times, the successful candidate may be called upon to work in Reach Deaf Services Support Living Service
1/ Position available September 2022-May 2023
2/ Positions available September 2022- June 2024
3/ Position available September 2022- March 2023
Reach Deaf Services provides a range of specialised services to young Deaf people who attend the schools that share the same campus. We operate during term time only. We seek to offer a homely environment for all boarders with an emphasis on facilitating their personal development to achieve their full potential whilst involved in education. We seek to achieve a reputation for innovation and a strong commitment to high standards in terms of our practice. The needs of our boarders are our highest priority and guide us in our work.
The job holder will be working morning/day/evening/Sunday shifts – roster in line with service needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Below are the key areas of responsibility; (This list is not exhaustive)
- There are specific duties to be completed on shift and these will be outlined at the point of induction, during the probation period, regularly by management, and within service documentation. It is the staff members responsibility to complete all relevant
- Implement operational plans as determined by the Head of Care/Care Manager/ Team
- Ensure compliance with practice with organisational policies, procedures, national legislation, Children First, HIQA/TULSA and other applicable
- Contribute in the recording of all documentation e.g risk assessments, complaints, Individual Crisis Support Plan`s.
- Promote an ISL environment with ISL being the first language in use within the service
- Holding the role of keyworker, creating personal care plans and ensuring that they are followed and regularly
- Facilitate the development of boarders’ life skills, education, and personal goals through the keyworker role.
- Maintain good household standards and encourage the children/young adults to help with tasks including cooking, shopping, laundry and household
- Work with a range of other service providers/key stakeholders in order to support the
- Engage with parents/guardians of boarders on an ongoing
- Plan trips out and promote integration into the
- Attend all relevant training/meetings provided by Reach Deaf Services & external
- Supervise boarders in all aspects of daily life, having regard for their safety. Supervise activities and support the boarders in their
- Ensure the safe storage/administration and recording of
- Strong awareness of Child protection and safeguarding & the role of the Mandated
- Engage in the reflective supervision process on a six weekly basis & the Performance Objective process.
- Partake in service improvement initiatives i.e. audits, action plans, quality
- Minimum Level 7 Degree in Social Care or related social science degree, Applied Social Studies, Community and Youth Work or Deaf Studies
- QQI (Formerly FETAC) Level 3 in Irish Sign Language or commitment to achieve within 12 months and QQI Level 4 within two years – this course will be funded by the organisation
- Full clean driving licence – desirable
- Experience of working effectively with a range of stakeholders to provide services to young people either in the community or within a residential setting
- Minimum of one years’ experience working in a boarding/residential care setting
- Experience of providing of receiving reflective supervision to facilitate professional development
- Experience of HIQA/TUSLA or equivalent audit processes
- Leadership potential
- Be creative and innovative
- Good problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Willing to participate in change initiatives
- Ability to use your own initiative
- Level of Professionalism
- Commitment to continuous professional
Any interested applicants should forward their CV and a short covering letter stating their suitability for the role. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business by Friday 5th Aug 2022.
If you require further details on this role, please contact me directly at KHarris@reachdeafservices.ie
All offers of employment are subject to Garda Vetting
Kristina Harris HR Administrator
Reach Deaf Services